Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

To Dad


Tomorrow is my father’s birthday.  What can I say about my dad?  He’s amazing, he’s awesome, he’s the best dad ever. He’s always the one who does what needs to be done quietly then slips back into his seat.  He’d dedicated his life to serving others.  Even when it’s made his life harder and he had to put aside personal goals. 

He’s tough.  He worked on a ranch growing up and is still strong.  Even though he’s in his mid 60s he can lift an 80lb sandbag and throw it OVER a fence onto the bank of the creek to help prevent erosion during run off.  I’m not sure I could do that. 

He’s the hardest worker I’ve ever seen.  We really like to work on our family.  He’s taught me everything I know about dedication, organization and work, even though I don’t accomplish near as much as he does. I hope someday I can be half as amazing as he is.

Happy birthday, Dad.  Thanks for your example and your light.

20 comments:

  1. How sweet, Sara! My dad has been gone for 7 years, but he taught me to do the job right and always pay attention to detail so that it's the best it can be. Thanks for making me remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry he's gone but I'm glad you can remember him.

      Delete
  2. A very happy birthday to your father, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. Did I spell your name wrong?

      Delete
    2. No worries. I go by pretty much anything. And thanks!

      Delete
  3. What a touching tribute to your father, Sara! He sounds like an amazing man. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe. so sweet. Your dad sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that is such a sweet post! Your dad sounds great and he's lucky to have a daughter who appreciates him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this and thought, he sounds like someone I know. Then it hit me, he sounds like my husband. That's too kewl.

    Happy Birthday, Sara's Dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have a wonderful husband!

      Delete
    2. I think so, but even better, his sons adore him. Couldn't ask for more. Thanks for supporting my blog, Sara. That means a lot.

      Delete
    3. It's always a sign of a good parent when their kids adore them.

      Delete
  7. Convey happy birthday wishes from me as well. Dads are cool. Dads who inspire are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, great post! I love and admire my dad, too. Happy birthday to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing tribute to your dad! Happy birthday to him.

    ReplyDelete