Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Gratitude



There are some important things I’ve been reminded of recently and I wanted to share them here.

I am so lucky to have three beautiful children.

Each of them as been adopted from wonderful families that have loved and accepted the size and shape of our family.

My husband and my families have welcomed each of our children with as much enthusiasm and love as if we’d had them naturally.

I am blessed in the health of my children. Yes, they are passing around a back-to-school cold but they do not have serious debilitating diseases and the health issues they do have are treatable.  If there are problems we have access to insurance and qualified medical people to care for us.

Best of all, we’re all still alive!

We are so lucky to have a home. It isn’t the fanciest/trendiest home in the neighborhood and it isn’t always perfectly clean, but we have a place to sleep, a place to keep our clothes, somewhere to store and cook food, toys, etc.  We have safety and stability. 

We have a wonderful church family that is always there for us since our families live across the country.

We have friends that would do anything for us.

The Lord is always with me and I can turn to him for comfort and guidance.

I have a good life. It’s easy sometimes to get overwhelmed, or look at the bad things in life, but really my life is wonderful, and I’m so very grateful.

10 comments:

  1. This is the best thing I've read in a long while. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and reminding me of all the great things I have to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good all the time. Keep your eyes on these blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an uplifting post, Sara! Thanks for sharing that. The blessing of family that supports your little ones is golden. {{{hugs}}} to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO easy to forget these basic (but most important!) blessings. Love this, Sara. I needed this reminder today. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE. THIS. Thanks for the great reminder, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the reminder for the things in life we should really be grateful for: health, family, and love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful tribute to your joys and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I love posts about good things -- it's so easy to write critical or upset posts, it's nice to remember to celebrate all the good things!

    ReplyDelete